Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Gifts!

What are we working on today? Today we are finishing up some bibs for a baby shower gift. The recipient doesn't yet know whether she is having a boy or a girl, so there will be 2 of each.


The best part? These bibs are virtually free to make! Using jeans that have been worn-out-of or grown-out-of and left over scrap material from other projects means that the only thing I purchased was some velcro for the closure. I used the free tutorial from CraftStylish
with a few minor changes.

1) I did not cut out the 2 inch strip before adding my fabric accent. In fact, I didn't remove the denim behind the fabric at all, just top stitched it on with a decorative stitch.



2) I only used 1 fabric for the accent, not 2 like she shows.



3) I used velcro instead of a snap.

4) Added a little embellishment to the girl bibs.



Easy, Cute, and Unique!

5 comments:

  1. so cute! i love them all~ its so great that you upcycled your materials too~
    xo
    mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great..love the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks maryjane and The3Maries!
    They are a lot of fun, and it's nice to know that they won't be getting the same thing from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute bibs. I am a big fan of using scraps and recycled items too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these denim bibs. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Swidget 1.0